Felix is 11 months old now! I feel repetitive when I say this, but he’s very close to crawling now. He’s on his hands and knees quite a lot, and scooting backwards. He just needs to learn a little more coordination between his hands and knees. He is enjoying playtime a lot more, and enjoys a variety of toys now instead of just a select few. He’s even playing with pots and pans in the kitchen when allowed. He’s been pulling himself up onto his knees lately, but doesn’t really have the trunk strength to support himself in a standing upright position, so he quickly “melts” into a tummy-down position.
This last few weeks has been full of illnesses. A cold, the stomach flu, another cold. It feels like an endless loop of snot and congestion for Felix. It has messed up anything resembling a sleep schedule, and has made him very clingy.
He remains a great eater. He loves meal times, and always wants to eat what we’re eating. He eats all of it in small bites. He does well with dairy now, and has no diet restrictions any longer.
Felix loves going out of the house. He gets irritable when we stay home for a whole day, so I try to at least go for a short drive every day. However, we are entering the coldest part of the year, so that may change for the next couple of months.
Physical therapy continues to go well. Felix is getting stronger and stronger every week.
Our next update will be a big one. ONE YEAR OLD!
This year, I have a few things I want to work on. I’m sure I won’t keep up with it all during the whole year. But I’m going to give it a good try. So here’s my short list:
- Improve attitude. No need to be so annoyed, irritated and angry so often. And when I am, I don’t need to rattle on and in about it. I need to internalize a little, and work through it in a more constructive way.
- Read more. Books, stories, whatever. At least 15 minutes a day, or perhaps a book per month. I miss reading for pleasure, and I want to start again.
- Use Duolingo for Spanish for once! I’ve gotten pretty far before, and I’ve always wanted to be fluent in Spanish. I have a good foundation from high school and even a little in college. So what the heck am I waiting for? I don’t wanna waste what I already know.
- Vlog at least once a month, joining my friend Jess in vlogging for 2020. I don’t know what sort of content I’ll be posting besides Felix, but I’ll figure something out. Even if they’re just 5-minute videos. I want to document our life for memories.
- Improve my diet. I’m not looking to lose a ton of weight or anything drastic. I just want to cut out some junk food and cut back on portion sizes. The goal is to not gain any weight back. And maybe lose 10-20 lbs.
These are pretty simple and not very demanding of my time, so hopefully at least a couple of these things will make it until the end of the year.
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Happy new decade! 🙂